Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Farmer's Market Finds: Pumpkin Ricotta Ravioli

One of my favorite places on earth is the Ithaca Farmer's Market. I try to go every weekend until it closes for winter, armed with an empty mug for hot apple cider and a reusable bag to be filled with fresh, local produce. I also can't leave without a baked good... lately, I've been obsessed with Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip bars!

During my last trip, I picked up some Pumpkin Ricotta Ravioli from the Culinary Kiosk. This purchase has been weeks in the making- I had tried to buy them the prior two weeks in a row, but they were sold out before I could get them! I made sure to get to the market early and was thrilled to FINALLY pick up a bag.

That night, I called up my foodie friend Blake and we planned an excellent dinner; I would prepare the ravioli, and he made a side of garlic parmesan asparagus. I started by preparing an incredibly simple brown butter rosemary sauce.

Brown Butter Rosemary Sauce

4 tablespoons butter
A few sprinkles of rosemary, to taste (I happen to like a lot)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano

Directions: Melt butter until it turns into a golden noisette. Add rosemary and remove from heat. Add lemon juice, and viola!

Garlic Parmesan Asparagus

1 pound asparagus
1/2 cup parmesan
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
A few cloves of crushed garlic, to taste
Olive oil

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Coat baking sheet with olive oil. Spread out asparagus, coat liberally with parmesan, breadcrumbs, and garlic. Bake for 10 minutes.

On the side, we enjoyed a local Ithaca Ginger Beer. The pumpkin ravioli were definitely worth the wait- they were SO flavorful and delicious, and went amazingly with the brown butter sauce! I look forward to another Farmer's Market-inspired dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment