Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIAW: A Bunch of Brunch!


Happy Wednesday, foodies! My favorite meal of the day is definitely brunch: the food options are amazing (breakfast AND lunch?! does it get any better?), but beyond that, it's an experience.

Brunch is a time to indulge yourself. Brunch is a time to spend with close friends. Brunch is a time to enjoy life.

Ok, maybe I take brunch a little bit seriously, but can you blame me? Brunch is the bomb!

Here are a few of my favorite brunches from various restaurants in my college town of Ithaca, NY!

Corn Waffles with Local Peaches and Homemade Chantilly Cream from Cafe Dewitt

This brunch was absolutely ridiculous. The waffle had actual pieces of corn in it, and the peaches were insanely fresh. The perfect savory/sweet dichotomy! Also, the chantilly cream? Ri-di-cu-lous. My good friend Caroline got the Baguette French Toast, which you can see next to mine. We followed brunch with a day of antiquing... so lovely!

California Sunrise with Egg Whites and Tomato on a Rosemary Salt Bagel from Collegetown Bagels

As a Jersey girl, I hold bagels to the highest standard. Still, Collegetown Bagels manages to kill it. The Rosemary Salt Bagel is my favorite: the aromatic freshness of the rosemary perfectly complements the soft, doughy bagel. I went with the California Sunrise, which consists of egg, avocado, pepperjack cheese, and onion. Add tomato and switch out eggs for egg whites, and you have a perfect breakfast!

Egg White Omelette with Squash, Mushroom, Kale, Tomato, and a Local Chevre from Carriage House Cafe

Carriage House is an Ithaca establishment: located on the Cornell side of the city, lines are out the door every weekend. It's totally worth it though: the place itself is absolutely adorable, and the Brie Stuffed French Toast is insanity. However, I chose their omelette of the day, which featured a variety of local veggies and cheese. It was absolutely perfect and an incredible start to my day! Also, the sourdough toast was out of this world.

Greek Yogurt with Homemade Pumpkin Butter and Pumpkin Fig Granola from My Kitchen!

As you may have seen in my prior post, I made a ton of pumpkin butter and have been experimenting with it on everything. However, this breakfast really was the tops for me: the Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Fig Granola I picked up at Wegmans is so delicious, and super healthy as well: it has chia seeds, quinoa, and raw coconut oil! Sitting on my deck overlooking the gorge in my backyard, I was very much at peace.

So there you have it, my favorite brunches of the past few weeks! What is your favorite brunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment