Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIAW: Fall Break, Three Places!


After a brief midterms-induced hiatus from blogging, I am back and ready to blog!

After a beyond stressful two weeks of midterms, my college gifts us with a short yet wonderful breather: Fall Break.

This Fall Break was particularly fun! I spent two days in Ithaca, New York, one in Wilkes Barre, PA, and my last two in Philadelphia, PA.

Naturally, I ate tons of good food.

Here are my favorite eats during fall break!

Ithaca



El Diablo Salmon from The Antlers
(Fresh salmon served with a fresh horseradish crust and house made pickled sweet pepper preserves with a side of asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes)


Various Sushi Rolls (with a friend) from Sushi O Sake


En Route to Wilkes Barre...


Veggie Delight Breakfast Sandwich from Dolce Delight
(Egg, tomato, spinach, avocado, and cheddar cheese on an english muffin)

I needed my protein, because in Wilkes Barre...


I got my Zumba Instructor Certification!!!
It was a long, sweaty day (9 straight hours of Zumba!), but it was totally worth it. Then I was off to Philly!

Philadelphia


My boyfriend and I went on a Segway tour! It was so much fun, and now I have a slight (but actually major) obsession with segways. We worked up an appetite, and wanted to split treat...


The Stock Market Crunch Sundae from The Franklin Fountain
(Rocky road ice cream coated in peanut butter sauce, topped with crumbled salt pretzels and whipped cream)

What a fun place! It was a classic old school soda fountain, and it was featured on Best Thing I Ever Ate and Man vs. Food. The line was out the door, but it was totally worth it for this ridiculously decadent sundae.

The following morning, it was time for brunch...


 Veggie Eggs Benedict with Rosemary Home Fries from Green Eggs Cafe
(Poached eggs on brioche with spinach, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and hollandaise sauce)

 This place was ranked the best brunch in Philly, and the secret was definitely out- we waited about a half hour to be seated! It was totally worth it, though- I'm a freak for eggs benedict, and this was the best I've ever had!

 Happy Wednesday, all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many fun places! I've been wanting to visit Philly again (Haven't been in years!) so I'll put some of these on my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete