Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIAW: Apple Fest Feast!



The Apple Harvest Festival is one of my favorite things about fall in Ithaca. It's a three day festival celebrating apples (duh), autumn, and the amazing, quirky city I go to school in!



Since I'm a senior and this will be my last Apple Fest, I went every day and tried to make the most of it. The best way to do that? Food.

Apple Fest Treats

Apple Crisp Sundae with cinnamon ice cream and caramel from Purity Ice Cream

I split this bad boy with a friend. This is one of the most hyped-up treat at Apple Fest, so I knew we had to have it. The line gets super long later in the day, so we got there at 11am... now THAT'S devotion!

Caramel Apple with peanuts, fudge, and whipped cream.

Oh. My. God. I've looked forward to this caramel apple-y deliciousness ever since I had my first one freshman year. It's a staple for me and definitively an Apple Fest tradition.

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies + Peanut Butter Cookies from the Amish stand (!!)

I am obsessed with the Amish folk that set up shop at Apple Fest. They rock traditional Amish garb and bring along farm animals to pet. Plus, everything they make is SO GOOD and so inexpensive! It was production weekend for the on-campus alternative magazine I work for, so I bought these for the group. The pumpkin cookies were gone in approximately 2.5 seconds.

Northern Spy Apples and Bellwether Hard Cider with Mulling Spices.

I took back a bag of my new favorite apple variety, Northern Spy, which I have been nommin' throughout the week. I also got a bottle of Original Bellwether Cider, which I can't wait to mull this weekend with the mulling spices I purchased!

I promise, I ate actual healthy food this weekend too, haha! These goodies were spread out amongst 3+ days and were often split with others. However, my actual food clearly pales in comparison to these beauties. Also, how could I not splurge for my last Apple Fest as a student ever?!

Other fun things I did:

Ithaca Glows 5k with some friends!

I was chosen to co-MC my college's big senior class event, Mr. + Ms. Ithaca! I had so much fun and it was definitely one of the best nights of senior year for me thus far. Over 300 people showed up!

Have a lovely Wednesday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment